Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Thank You Love...


I can be a challenge.
It might be difficult to wake up next to me every morning.
To get out of bed and to put on that smile.
To put an effort in loving me when I least deserve it.
I want you to know, that smile, that faith and that love
is what keeps me going some days.
Even through the rough times, you remind me that you are amazing.
You really are. 

I know that I am not perfect.
sometimes I turn my back on you instead of embracing you.
sometimes I take you for granted.
Sometimes I judge you on the pedestal I put my girlfriends.
Other times I use the things you tell me against you,
I manipulate you to get what I want from you - and you let me get away with it,
understanding me enough to let it be.
Most times I love how you try to love me with all the imperfections,
put up with incessant chatter, the worries and pressures I put myself through,
and even calling me beautiful on my fat days. 

For all the times that I am too self absorbed in my faults,
and you show me how perfect God made me for you; 
For all the times I beat myself up, you just hold me and let me rant; 
For all the times I mess up when I didn't listen to you and you refrain from saying "I told you so.";
For all the moments I have been blessed to spend with you, all the love you have been showing me;
I want to say thank you.

I want you to know that I love you.
And that I thank God everyday that He chose to send someone as wonderful as you into my life.
I want to promise you that I will not love you for the rest of your life,
because I am not sure if I will always be there.
I do promise you that I will love you for the rest of mine.
Thank you dear  Lord, I am eternally grateful for this miracle in my life
that you blessed me to live with everyday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...