Thursday, December 22, 2011

Would anyone miss you??



How is this possible to happen in this day and age?
To a woman who had family?
How do we not check on each other as a family?
To a person who lived surrounded by neighbours?
Why do we have trouble knocking on a door to meet a new neighbour?
She died alone - to be discovered in 3 years....
Just because she was behind in her rent!!!!

What kind of people have we become???
What kind of relationships do we forge?
This incident is shocking to many...
...but...if we inspect closely...
the quality of life are we living is lonely...
no meaningful relationships at the family level..
nor at the work place, leave alone at the residency...
it makes me question:

How will the value of my life be measured.???

I think that what will matter is:
not what I bought but what I built,
not my success but my significance,
not what I learned but what I taught,
not my competence but my character,
not how many people I knew but how many will feel an ever lasting loss once I am gone.

What will matter is not our memories but memories that live in those who loved us.
What will matter is how long we will be remembered,by whom and for what
Living a life that matters doesn't happen by accident, its a choice - a choice that starts today.


Death never takes the wise man by surprise. He is always ready to go. ~ Jean de la Fontaine

3 comments:

  1. Aaah, this is just soo true!

    But Sabs, i think you have missed out on some other things, in the world today, it is about many more things than just that. Society expects a lot from us than we can ever give.

    Key: be yourself and give life your best shot, because even if it doesn't happen/work out, atleast you can say, i TRIED!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ..agreed love...but whatever you do, you have to have a support system with you, and a knowledge that even if you can do it all alone...you don't have to...

    ReplyDelete
  3. aye aye... thats true! The thought of that makes me soo weak!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...