Thursday, November 3, 2011

The Road


I sit in awe as I reflect on the journey of my life.
The road has not always been straight,
And the light has not always shone.

Putting my feet down and not seeing where they land.
So I stepped on and on…in detours, wrong turns,
Damaged, muddled, and going round and round the same road.

I moved on to a sidetrack, to get lost in blissful confusion,
They say if you’ve never met the devil in the road of life,
It’s because you’re both heading in the same direction.

When the road was good, it’s been really good,
I now appreciate that I would never be here,
If I travelled only on good days.

My sorrow is a reminder for me to be thankful;
For the many blessings bestowed on me,
I am now at a beautiful place.

Standing in my light chartering my own destiny,
What I say, do and think are in harmony,
This is what happiness means – for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...